‘1 click = 1 metre’ operation, set up specially by Prysmian Group in partnership with Electriciens sans Frontières
The project dedicated to the ‘Solidarité Ukraine’ operation is currently supported in this East European country by numerous volunteers from the NGO championing international inclusivity.
Focus on the Actions supported by Electriciens sans frontières since the start of the war in Ukraine:
- Support in community centres hosting homeless families: dispatch of solar-powered lights, 10 electric generators and electrical equipment to Slovakia;
- Connecting up of emergency electric generators for 17 hospitals in Moldavia;
- Support with mobile surgical units and treatment centres in Ukraine: dispatch of solar-powered lights, 18 electric generators and electric equipment, remote monitoring of operations by Ukrainian technicians;
- Dispatch of 60 km of electric cables for Ukrainian distributors of DTEK electricity and Ukrenergo
- Dispatch underway of 250 electric generators and nearly 10,000 radiators and fan heaters to kit out 300 community centres, which will help more than 150,000 people to survive the winter.
Hervé Gouyet (President of Électriciens sans frontières): “Since the start of this war, we have really rallied together to coordinate daily with our humanitarian partners, like Ukrainian NGOs and partners, with the help of the Crisis Centre and support from the European and Foreign Affairs Ministry, so as to intervene effectively and organise action geared around our needs”.